Smart watches are very convenient but also fashionable that are great for active people and those who are always updated about what’s happening. If you are looking for highly capable wearable, Fossil Gen 5 Vs Galaxy Watch Active 2 will be two of the most ideal options to consider. Both of them offer various functions and useful features but before going to pick one, go check what they can deliver here so then we can choose the best and most reliable model.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Why Getting a Smartwatch
- What are Samsung galaxy watch vs gear s3
- What are Samsung galaxy watch vs gear s3 Look Like
- How are the Operating System of Samsung galaxy watch vs gear s3
- How are the Fitness and Wellbeing Function of Samsung galaxy watch vs gear s3
- What else Samsung galaxy watch vs gear s3 can offer
- Samsung galaxy watch Vs gear s3
Along with the advanced in technology we are getting lots of new devices almost every few years and most of them are destined to be very popular including smart watch. Yes the device is no longer “new” anymore today but they are still considered fresh due to the level of convenient and how manufacturers continue to upgrade their products to be more capable. If you ask whether it is a must have, the firm answer is no, we don’t need it but you might want to have it.
- As the name suggests, smart watch is worn and operate just like regular wrist watches but they are so much more. It can replace the function of your regular watch for telling time without busily taking the phone from the pocket, but it also tells many things beside the time. In general and short the main function of a smart watch is to duplicate your smartphone in which is not always present in your palm or hand for most of the time or while doing other activities.
- Its main function is showing various information from the smartphone, so we don’t have to take it out and be as responsive as possible, especially about urgent notifications and other further functions are separated from one model to another depending on what they can offer. For example, Apple watch has this function that can deliver different vibration to your hand to tell the direction so we don’t have to check the smartphone display anymore to get to this destination and be more focus on the road.
- Another common reason why we are getting a smart watch is because they also act as a fitness tracker and this is extremely useful for active people who are striving to do better because fitness apps will provide you with various information to keep on track and improve over time. Many smartwatches have dedicated fitness function and in general they can offer some basic information like steps, distance, calories, heart rate, pulse rate, or in some high-end models can even provide sleep pattern as well as counting other important metrics.
- The last but not least reason to have a smart watch is their design because let’s be honest, many of them are very attractive depending on how your taste tell you. Just like a regular wrist watch they are a great piece of accessories to complete your look and for those with specific liking to certain device brand, we can even match the whole set. Many also have different shape and material option to match with your personal taste. Read also: Samsung Galaxy Watch Vs Gear S3.
About Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2
Fitbit and Apple started the trend of smartwatch that we enjoy today but they are also a giant competitor which makes the market seems to struggle to be as open as the smartphone section yet, it doesn’t mean we don’t have many options here because it is definitely not the case. Today the device is not a new thing anymore but they are still upgraded to deliver various convenient functions in which you may want to consider having on the wrist.
Besides the two giants we said above, Fossil and Samsung are two good competitors to be able to plant their products on customer’s mind by being one of the most popular watchmakers and the other for being one of the biggest technology companies. They are also carrying various models to choose from and every few years we will most likely get an upgrade of the watch. Price wise they are not very expensive as how smartwatch was first available but depending on your budget, it is better to set them up first before heading to shop.
For those who are planning to spend no more than $300, the ideal options you may want to check are Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2. Both of them are highly capable smart watches and are also made to address some issues from their predecessors however, they are also not very far from the previous model. The prominent difference between the two is probably their operating system because as you may already know Samsung has Tizen and the former use the previously Android wear called Wear OS.
A price tag of $300 is acceptably affordable for how they designed these watches with pretty good material but our issue with similar Wear OS is about the software experience itself because it is still among the first consideration when getting the compatible unit today. Similarly, our biggest concern about Galaxy watch is their Tizen software especially their app because it is still not as massive as how Wear OS has but, in general application, none of these will hinder common activities we are going to access in the watch.
Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 Design
Smartwatches usually choose being either classic with traditional wrist watch design or modern like Apple watch shape and look but similarly, Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 are equally designed to look traditional with a round bezel wrapping their displays. As for the Gen 5, this watch has two versions, the one in our article is the Carlyle style or the masculine one and the other more feminine looking is called as Julianna. Both are nice and fitting to most people aesthetic while not being over-classy.
With Gen 5 you can choose the strap depending on the fashion option like the stainless one in our sample above. Similarly, Active 2 has either leather or silicone strap to use with and the size itself Samsung offer the watch at 40/44mm while Fossil both masculine and its feminine version are the same 44mm. If Samsung is modern and simple, you will see the latter as a more elegant watch especially the Julianna version in rose gold color which comes with crystals on its bezel and strap.
Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 Operating System
Moving further, having a different operating system lead Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 to have slightly different operating method as well and in this side the latter has less 1 button to mind with. Fossil offer 3 buttons on its right side with one in the middle double as rotating crown which is very similar to what we have in Fossil watches, the top button default function is shortcut to preset the watch face that we can customize, and double-clicking it will bring Google Play.
For the middle button, as you may already know this is where menu is accessed through and if you open home, it will bring you to app. In Galaxy Active 2, we have two buttons on the right edge of the watch and this model is also offering a rotating bezel which is happily welcomed by users. This function replaces the rotating crown and as you can guess, it apply the same function to scroll through lists and navigate screen without touching the watch display.
Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 Fitness and Wellbeing Function
The next thing you may want to know is their fitness and wellbeing performance because we mostly have smart watch for fitness as well. In this side both of them are amazing and able to work seamlessly for tracking various information but the lack of third-app integration by Tizen is probably an issue for some people, the preset functions however, are already great. It pays attention to your health with various reminders and notifications including stress level with heart rate data.
Fossil has seamless integration with GPS or heart rate sensor, and various other functions but in comparison, there is no granular and vast exercise tracking here that you can find in Active 2. However, if you are not really interested about granular tracking that we can opt for multiple stages in typical gym routine or accuracy of your sleep, Gen 5 is still a good option.
Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 Additional Function
On the additional function, Fossil Gen 5 and Galaxy Watch Active 2 are all capable of handling calls since both come with speaker but there is no sim card here means we still need to tether them from smartphone. What’s different is that now Fossil Gen 5 is already capable of receiving tethered call from iPhones in which is not possible except you have Apple’s watch. This little addition is great if you have an iPhone as well so then at least we can increase its usability.
Fossil Gen 5 vs Galaxy Watch Active 2
Both of them are great watches to be more convenient and useful if you are an active person. The difference between these attractive watches is that one is using Wear OS and the latter is Tizen which affect the watch system and its suitable apps but in general they can deliver basic function with no issue. In terms of fitness and wellness functionality, Active 2 is leading because not only is it more accurate but it also offers granular tracking. However, Gen 5 of Fossil is now able to receive call tethered from iPhone in case you are using it too.
|Name||Fossil Gen 5 ||Galaxy Watch Active 2|
|Key Features||- Extend your battery life for multiple days with new, smart battery modes; magnetic USB rapid charger included; charge up to 80 percent in under an hour
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 3ATM; Google Assistant it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help; Speed through checkout with your watch using Google Pay
- This is one smart watch now with a speaker for audible alerts and taking phone calls, Google Assistant responses and more; receive smartphone notifications and alerts; microphone; download third party apps with 8GB of storage and 1G RAM memory capacity
- Case size: 44mm; Band size: 22mm; interchangeable with all Fossil 22mm bands; Screen Size: 1.28" display with 416x416 resolution; touchscreen functionality||- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built in pace coaching on the Galaxy Watch Active2
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably; It comes in aluminum or stainless steel and with a variety of faces
- Keep your beat; You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2; Get automatically alerted if your watch detects a high or a low heart rate
- Level up your downtime; Galaxy Watch active2’s built in sleep tracker offers valuable insights on how to get a better night’s sleep|
|Best Offer*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
All in all you can pick any of these watches but still be satisfied with the performance and for those who are paying more attention to fitness and wellness functionality, we do recommend picking Galaxy Watch Active 2 because it is better in this side.