Smartwatch is not a necessary item to have but there is no doubt that they are convenient to own and you may want to have one as well. For those who are planning to be more active, Garmin Venu Vs Vivoactive 4 are two ideal choices to consider because their fitness functionality is very reliable. They can also be the extension of your smartphone and before deciding to go with one, go check what exactly they can offer so then we can choose the best option.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Which Smartwatch to Purchase
- What are Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4
- What Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 Look Like
- How to Operate Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4
- What Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 can offer
- How are the Display in Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4
- Garmin Venu Vs Vivoactive 4
Choosing a New Smartwatch
There are so many new devices out there and it seems every few years we can see various new devices being introduced in the market. Some of them are very interesting and seem to be very convenient for daily activity but some are also not that captivating. They can be interesting and made using the newest technology but at the end, only those that we can fully utilize and add a great amount of benefit will last. In addition, not all people will prefer the same piece of technology depending on their needs and activities.
This is what smartwatch was several years ago and while nowaday it is not a very sophisticated device anymore, they sure caught so much attention back then. Unlike a smartphone, not everyone will need a smartwatch because many of its capabilities are just an extension of your main device. One benefit that we do think worth considering is their fitness functions especially for active and busy people because they act as an assistant, reminding and providing related information to keep you fit.
Before heading to shop for a smartwatch however, there are some points that you may want to consider because unlike regular wrist watches, you will need to be more selective for not all of them will work seamlessly with your activity and main device.
- The first thing you may want to consider when getting a new smartwatch is their compatibility to your main device or smartphone because not all are designed to be paired with just any phone. For example Apple’s smartwatch is only for iOS users but most other watches are useful between platforms, often with some limitation aside it’s main.
- The next factor is the watch face itself because not all have the same display or even shape. Some are made specifically for sports so the display is commonly able to view all of the related information but in general they are both colorful and about 40-44mm wide. Amazing displays improve experience but it also drains the battery faster.
- The next important factor in our opinion is their mechanism or interface. Depending on the model, for example Fossil Gen 5 Vs Galaxy Watch Active 2 are utilizing both buttons and touch screen. Each one of them are great but while touch screen is convenient, it leaves prints on the display and less convenient physical buttons sometimes hard to operate for those with bigger hands but it keeps your display clean.
About Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4
The rest factors are more into personal taste and cosmetic side because we are sure many of us who are planning to purchase a new smartwatch are not only attracted to the function but also for their beauty. Depending on your activity, those who want a fitness companion mostly choose something that looks simple and sporty but for your lifestyle companion, there are also those with a more elegant and classic look. What you may want to pay attention to is that those classic designs are often more expensive as well.
If you are here, we are sure that fitness is your main reason to buy a smartwatch and in this category Garmin will be on the leading spot because they are one of the most popular options when it comes to fitness gears and they know what exactly to offer on their products. However, while they do focus on the fitness functionality, it doesn’t mean the watch is lacking as a regular smartphone companion because it is certainly not the case with their watches.
In addition we also love to see manufacturers like them continuously upgrading their products to be better and answer previous issues or provide what’s been requested by their customers. For those active people, Garmin Venu and Vivocative 4 will be two of the most ideal options to pick because they are equally reliable for this application. Both of them are offering various metrics and tracking ability that will improve your fitness if followed properly. What’s confusing is that they are very similar to each other.
For those who have been wearing Garmin Vivoactive 3 in the past, the Venu is actually made to upgrade this watch so it is surprising to have another upgrade which makes these watches sitting at the same level. They are practically identical to each other when it comes to function and both are also offering the same thing including fashion option which is why many customers are confused about which to choose. But, while they do alike, there must be some points setting them apart from each other.
Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 Design
As you can see in the sample picture above, Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 are very similar to each other because they sport the same design with the classic round thin bezel but if you look closely, the former will have this textured surface in comparison to the smooth Vivoactive. They seem to be built with the same material both on the watch housing and the strap as well but the latter is coming in two different sizes; the one in our sample is the 44mm and the Vivoactive 4S is at 40mm.
Fashion wise they are very attractive but simple and don’t look too classy to be worn inside a gym room or too sporty for a meeting with your business partners. They also have different strap options that you can match with the watch and some models have the bezel in different colors like silver, gold, or rose gold. The unit is not very heavy and almost at the same weight as a regular watch for about one and half grams.
Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 Ease of Use
The first thing you may want to know about Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 is probably how to use the watch and in this side both of them are exactly the same to each other. They are mostly operated through the touch screen but there are two buttons on your right side that are used to access the watch’s menu. Pressing the bottom one it will open a menu including watch face option if you need to change the display image.
The menu also shows other options like clocks and history. The clock is where you will find time, stopwatch, timer, alarm, and many more. The other top button is used for the sport functionality so you can start from the top and stop at the bottom to count lap and act as a “back” function as well. In addition, from the main display when you activate the watch, you can scroll the screen to see some widgets for functions like respiration which information is taken from the sensor.
Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4 Features
Moving further, let’s see what the new offerings from these watches that you can enjoy conveniently. First is we can listen to music from Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, and iHeartRadio while also giving you the option to choose between always-on and literally power-mode which is great to save more battery in Venu model. The rest of features are the same including hydration tracking to manually track liquid intake. There are widget and app as well as estimated sweat loss post-workout and respiration rate for all-day and sleep metrics.
There are some more interesting features from the new watches such as breathwork exercise which is different from the simpler breathing stress feature. They add workout animation functionality for workout types like strength, cardio, and yoga. For those who are doing Yoga, these watches can design Yoga workouts here with complete step by step pose animations.
Garmin Venu and Vivoactive 4
The last point we want to talk about these watches is their display because this is what set them apart to each other the most. In general, while everything is the same in both models, their display is different because Venu is already using AMOLED display which is why it is super lively and looks more amazing. It is also easier to see in a darker setting because the backlight on Vivoactive 4 makes the watch display seems washed out yet, Venu will also drain the battery faster in comparison due to its better display.
Garmin Venu vs Vivoactive 4
Both of these watches are very much similar to each other that you can pick one and still be satisfied about the performance because what’s available in one model mostly can be found on the other as well and in comparison what sets them apart from each other the most beside the price is only the AMOLED display of Venu which looks better, makes the watch seems livelier, but also consume more power.
|Name|| Garmin Venu ||Galaxy Watch Active 2|
|Key Features||- Beautiful, bright AMOLED display and up to five-day battery life in smartwatch mode; up to six hours in GPS and music mode
- The broadest range of all-day health monitoring features keeps track of your energy levels, respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart rate and more
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription With a third-party music provider), and connect with headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, pool swimming and more||- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
- Get easy to follow, animated workouts right on your watch screen, including cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates
- Battery life: Upto 8 days in smartwatch mode; Upto 6 hours in GPS and music mode
Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our connect IQ store
- Safety and tracking Features include incident detection (during select activities) and assistance (when paired with a compatible device), which both send your real time location to emergency contacts|
|Best Offer*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
All in all you can pick any watch to serve the fitness function for they are equally reliable but for those who can spend more, we do recommend getting Venu because it gives a better user experience, just make sure to use the energy saving mode so we don’t have to charge it frequently.