Smartwatch is a great option for active people because they can be the extension of our smartphone or main device and they can offer various functions that our smartphones can’t currently provide. If you are into fitness and wellness, Huawei Watch GT 2 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch active will be a nice choice to consider because they carry lots of useful features not just tracking your movement. For those who are eyeing these options, go check what they can offer here.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Do you Need a Smartwatch
- How to Choose a Smartwatch
- What are Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
- What Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Look Like
- How are the Interface of Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
- What else Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active can offer
- How are the Battery Life of Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
As technology is improved quickly, there are various new devices being introduced in the market, some of them are very useful and some may only be helpful for a bunch of people. They are very interesting to try and as gadget enthusiasts, sometimes we don’t mind spending quite an amount to get the current and latest, high-tech available. Smartwatch was in this category a while back and surprisingly, despite not everyone being interested in owning it, this device is proven to be useful for certain types of people.
For those whose daily lifestyle is not focused on their smartphone and being active just by going off to work or spending some of their time in the gym to stay fit without minding about progress or worried about forgetting their routines and schedule, a smartwatch is not a necessary item but an accessory and extension of the smartphone. Their main benefit is if you need to stay connected and be reminded about being active, want to be as convenient as possible, or just a fitness enthusiast in general.
Choosing for a Smartwatch
If you feel like the device will be a helpful addition into the daily gear, having one can be one of the best decisions we can make this year but, just like with everything else, it is best to consider some factors first when choosing the product.
- The first and probably the most important is making sure that this new device is compatible with our smartphone because not all smartphones can detect just any smartwatch thus, it is best to check what our smartphone can support before deciding the options.
- Next is how you want the display to be; we have LCD and AMOLED today which as you may already know, have pros and cons of their own. AMOLED is great, it has the best color to offer and looks nice from any angle, but it tends to be power hungry.
- Next, related to the display is their interface and this is also mainly separated into two types; touch screen and physical control. Touch screen as expected is convenient and quick but it tends to get dirty as we often in contact with it while the opposite physical controls is not as convenient yet it saves you the chance of wiping the display every so often.
- Last but not least is their style and this is subject to change even based on our preference. In general there are modern and classic style; silicon or stainless strap and round or rectangle shape.
About Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Choosing a smartwatch is very personal and not all of us will have the same preferences so it is always best to follow your own judgment and taste. However, if you don’t have much time and want to shop quickly, we can see what similar users are picking because they have a high chance to fit your application as well and among those many companies offering amazing smartwatches, Huawei and Samsung are two of the most reliable options to consider thanks to their good quality.
Both of them along with Apple, Fossil and Garmin are our first options whenever looking for a smartwatch because they have tons of good models and amazing performance with various useful features. Both of them are a good alternative for anyone who are not seeking to complete their Apple ecosystem and use Apple smartwatch instead because how popular iPhone is and at some point Huawei and Samsung are using the old Android wear OS or WearOS as well in the past before the latter moved back to its own custom.
If you are looking for a smartwatch that is compatible with both Android and iPhone, Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active are two models we can consider. Both of them are very similar to each other when it comes to compatibility and price point and in general Tizen is not that much different than Android yet, it is also true that the Apps options will be wider on Google’s side. However, all useful and common apps are mostly available on both of these platforms.
In our opinion, when it is about smartwatch, as long as the unit is compatible with the smartphone, the choice will hugely depending on the hardware and some of its features because we have different styling and build quality or even interface to consider. Some more expensive models like Active 2 that you can check on our Fossil Gen 5 vs Galaxy Watch Active 2 are highly capable and offering accurate information compared to some of its competitors.
Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Design
As you can see from the sample picture above, Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active are sporting the more classic round display with a full-face style but unlike the previous Galaxy watch, now the Active is not coming with crown anymore while GT 2 still has two of them in button mechanism and these will affect how they will be used later. However, Samsung did replace these crowns with flat buttons located at the same place; top and bottom of the right side.
They have these stylish colors to choose depending on the availability but both are in general sporty yet simple and versatile for many occasions. In comparison, both of them are quite different as well with GT 2 being the larger watch measuring at 42 mm while the latter is 40 mm. Another thing that we love from these watches beside their build quality and design is their water resistant feature since we can wear them while swimming as well.
Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Interface
Moving further, let’s see how the interface works in both watches and starting with GT 2, this model just like other GT watches, is running on Huawei’s own Lite OS and is pretty much similar to common smartwatches in general. It has a pretty AMOLED display with touch-sensitive function and on the basic you will get the watch home with information like weather, heart rate, and battery which moves to more detailed graphs as you swipe the screen including to play music or other vital information.
From the face position, pressing the upper crown will activate the home screen and swipe up here we have notifications list that we can custom as needed but, we can’t reply to for example email and interact with them through the watch while the swipe down will offer a setting page for further customization. Samsung Active without the rotating bezel to interact with Tizen is a bit awkward for previous users and the display is smaller, making it not friendly for those with big fingers.
Pressing the top button will bring the user back one page to the previous page and the bottom one will bring you to the home screen or watch face and apps when we are already home. Similar to older Samsung’s watches, the menu is very intuitive but since the display is a bit smaller, navigating the Tizen with touch operation can be a bit less convenient at times.
Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Features
Next, from the feature parts, both Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active are very similar and can offer different fitness functionalities such as heart rate and calorie burned as well as tracking our activities. You can also share them through fitness apps and they indeed work best in this category. Specifically talking about Bixby, the Samsung assistant, the app is surprisingly helpful and can even understand what we want to say before finishing the sentence.
However, Samsung is still lacking in terms of calls because this model is not coming with the function and when there is a call, we should use the phone to talk to the caller while GT 2 is already offering the function so we can make a call or receive it directly through the watch.
Huawei Watch GT 2 and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Battery Life
The last point we want to talk about is their battery life and this can be different depending on the usage as well but GT 2 and Active are actually very long lasting in comparison to many other smartwatches. Both of them are capable of sustaining the battery for average using from 2 weeks to one week respectively so we don’t have to charge them very often yet, if we are using the watch frequently especially when using GPS, the battery will drain pretty quickly.
Huawei Watch GT 2 vs Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Both of them are a great choice if you are looking for a reliable smartwatch but they are quite different as well since GT 2 has wider display, better long lasting battery life, and already capable of making and receiving calls through the unit instead of having to go to the phone. The best part of Active is it has an amazing voice recognition and very fast as well yet, in our opinion the Tizen is better paired with rotating bezel since the display operation can be a little bit awkward.
|Name||Huawei Watch GT 2 ||Samsung Galaxy Watch Active |
|Key Features||- HUAWEI Kirin A1 Self-developed Chip: This smart watch comes with HUAWEI's self-developed wearable chip Kirin A1, and intelligent power saving technology to provide up to 1 week of battery Life.
- 1.2 Inch AMOLED Display with 3D Glass Screen: HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 (42 mm) adopting the 3D glass screen in a smartwatch is a new step in the industry. 1.2 Inch AMOLED display with highly accurate touch response.
- 15 Workout Modes and Full-time Fitness Trainer: Multiple professional training courses from entry to advanced level are preinstalled on the watch, providing users with professional and effective guidance.
- Accurate Positioning: HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 (42 mm) is built with two positioning systems (GPS, GLONASS) together to detect more satellites, and increase positioning accuracy.||- Track your way to real results Automatically detects up to 6 exercises, while tracking up to 39 more, right from your wrist
- Resolve to rest better; Helps you analyze your sleep patterns and encourages you to wind down to keep you refreshed and at your best; Compatible Devices Samsung Smartphone
- Sends you real time alerts if ever detecting a high or low heart rate, so you can be more proactive about your heart health
- Expand your Galaxy; Sync with your phone to stream your playlist, get notifications and more, right on your wrist|
|Best Offer*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
All in all you can pick any of these smartwatches and still be satisfied about the performance but if we have to get one, Huawei Watch GT 2 is the better option between the two especially if you are fine with the basic widgets and apps.